Proven bestsellers can be included in curated promotions, where only the best priced products will be included. To take part in a deal promotion, please contact your account manager at Fyndiq.
Fyndiq focusses on products with a good customer satisfaction. Instead of investing in marketing of products merchants should invest in lowering prices for quality products to ensure the best customer satisfaction. This will have a positive effect on product ranking.
Fyndiq’s product ranking is based on multiple factors. The aim of the product score is to ensure to present the best products for the specific customer. The parameter include personalised factors for the customer as well as product and seller scores. Sellers can positively impact their ranking by following the Fyndiq Merchant Guidelines. These include:
- Price of products
- Quality of products
- Quality of product data
- Product & merchant issue rate
- Product ratings
You as a merchant need to understand the importance of having a great product assortment and knowledge of the products you sell.
If a merchant breaches the Agreement, or is investigated for a possible breach, Fyndiq may decide, without notice, and without refunding any fees, to delay or immediately remove a product listing or other content, issue a warning, temporarily or indefinitely suspend a merchant, terminate a merchant’s account and refuse to provide Services to a merchant.
Fyndiq takes intellectual property rights very seriously and does not permit sales or marketing of unlawful copies or forgeries. As the merchant, you are responsible for all rights, licences and authorisations being in place before you sell on Fyndiq. We are sometimes contacted by third parties claiming that sales of a certain product on Fyndiq infringe their rights. This may relate to trademark, design or patent protection, or photo rights/copyright. We conduct an investigation in such cases. This often involves obtaining documentation substantiating the right to sell the product or use advertising material.
If you notice one or more products on site that infringe your intellectual property rights, you can report here: www.fyndiq.com.
More information about what information is required in the report is in the form.
The minimum age needs to be stated in the ad. Certain toys require a warning, for example, water toys require exact wording according to EU rules – “Warning! Only to be used in water in which the child is within its depth and under adult supervision”.
You can find more information about this here.
Many customers buy accessories for their Apple products. Unfortunately, not all products work that well even though the design of the products and product description gives the impression of that they are compatible with Apple. This problem exists both in e-commerce and in physical stores. Therefore, Apple has a certification program that manufacturers can join. It's called "MFi", which is an abbreviation of "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad".
Certification of accessories
Apple recommends using only accessories that are certified and labeled with the "Made for iPod / iPhone / iPad" symbol. The marking means that an accessory has been designed to meet Apple's performance requirements.
Please note that Apple's original products can not be certified and labeled as MFi since the certification is only for third party accessories. Therefore, it is not allowed to write "MFi" in product ads for original Apple products. It is also not allowed to name a product "MFi" in order to promote the product as an original product from Apple.
As a merchant you are responsible for ensuring that the certification and marking are genuine. Your choice of supplier is important. Apple has a search feature online where you can verify that manufacturers/products are truly certified ("Verifying Authorized MFI Manufacturing Licensees and Licensed Accessories"), click on this link to get there: https://mfi.apple.com/MFiWeb/getAPS.action.
With such good opportunities to verify that the certification is genuine, it is important that you don’t promote a non-certified product with marking as if it were certified. The same applies if you describe a product as MFi-certified, even if it is not.
Many products such as electrical products and toys need to have CE marking to be sold. Here are the basic facts about CE marking and what you need to remember.
CE is an abbreviation of Conformité Européenne (“in conformity with EU Directives”). A product with the CE mark may be sold throughout the EU. By placing the CE mark on the product and preparing the technical documentation and EU Declaration of Conformity, the manufacturer confirms that the product complies with the legislation relating to standards and safety for the product.
What are the requirements for the CE mark?
The CE mark must be attached to the product so that it is visible, easily legible and indelible. If a notified body was involved in the supervision phase of manufacturing, its ID number must also be displayed. There are formal requirements for the CE mark, including that it must be of a certain minimum size, where it must be placed on the product, etc.
The EU and national authorities have further information on CE marking and the products to which it applies. Here are two links with more information (at both EU and national levels):
You can sell products in new condition on Fyndiq except for the following:
- Animals, plants, and other organisms
- Apparatuses or equipment which can be used for unlawful activities or impermissible invasion of technical protection
- Apparatuses or substances which can be used to handle or produce illegal products
- Bike and motorcycle helmet
- Child car seat, child harness, recalled toys
- Contact lenses
- Counterfeits or materials which otherwise constitute infringement of third party intellectual property rights
- Currency, coins, bills, securities
- Dangerous chemicals
- Digital content for downloading
- Drug-related products and designs
- Drugs and steroids
- Fireworks and other explosive objects
- Food and animal food
- Genuine furs
- Gift cards, physical or digital
- Goods subject to import or export prohibitions
- Identification documents
- Laser products (pens, pointers, etc.) which can emit intense pulsed light (IPL)
- Lotteries and equipment for lottery activities
- Material which glorifies, downplays, or encourages criminal acts or discrimination
- Material which may be offensive or constitute a threat against a minority, humiliation, defamation, insult, threat, unlawful depiction of violence, or disclosure of confidential information or personal data which is subject to legal protection
- Merchandising products, e.g. toys, mobile telephone cases, etc., with trademarks, other distinguishing marks, or a person’s name or picture (secondary use) which lacks a licence or authorisation from the rights holder
- Pharmaceuticals, veterinary medical products or medical technical products which require public agency registration or authorisation for sale, possession, or use
- Piercing gun and tattoo gun
- Plant seeds
- Pornography or sexually offensive material
- Products intended for professional use
- Replaceable LCDs for smartphones and tablets
- Tobacco or other smokeable products including electronic cigarettes and fluids for e-cigarettes, with or without nicotine
- Used products, including demonstration models
- Weapons and ammunition
- Whipped cream dispensers and chargers
- Acne Products
- Animal By-products
- Contact Solution
- Dandruff/Lice Treatment
- Eczema & Psoriasis Treatments
- Eyelash Growth
- Firming Creams
- Hair Growth
- Hair Removal
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Injectible Items
- Lithium Batteries
- Poppers and Muscle Relaxants
- Prescription Strength Item
- Scar/Stretch Mark Treatment
- Skin Bleaching/Whitening
- Toothpaste & Tooth Whitening
- Topical Pain Relievers
- Wart Removal
- Weight Loss Items
If Fyndiq finds out that an unlawful or prohibited product is being sold, it is removed.
If you are uncertain whether your products come under any of these categories, please contact us at email@example.com.
All product ads on Fyndiq should be clear, detailed and correct, which includes accurate photos and good descriptions/product information. Product ads that do not comply with Fyndiq’s policies may be removed or suspended.
You as a merchant needs to have the rights and licenses that may be required for your products, and ensure that they do not infringe anyone else’s trademark or other intellectual property rights. You must also own or have acquired the rights to use any photos or text uploaded to Fyndiq.
It is of great importance that you have good knowledge about your products and that they are compliant according to Fyndiq’s policies and other regulations. Merchants who do not comply with Fyndiq’s policies may be suspended or terminated.